The lovely Yumdeku has tagged me, Star, in a special challenge post called, “Make Everything Anime“. Here’s how it works.
- Choose 1 Book, Movie and TV show of your choice that you think could work as an anime. (A series of books or movies is allowed e.g. Lord of the Rings, Hunger Games)
- If you want to pick more than 1 from each section that’s fine. Or if you can’t think of one for a specific category that’s fine also.
- Explain why you think your choices could work as an anime. Maybe the advent of animation would enhance it, maybe the different anime genres could help expand and improve the story. Just go crazy with it.
- Link back to the original post so I can read people’s suggestions, I’d love to read everyone’s ideas. Thank you Average Joe !
- Include Make it Anime in your tags so everyone including myself can find them all easily. Nominate around 5-10 bloggers.
Alright, so let’s get this show on the road!
Book: Name of the Wind
Alright, I’m sorry for bringing this sore spot up for those of you that have read this series and loved it as much as I did and you know why I brought this up. There have been rumors of this series getting a live action, but I’m excited to see this world come alive in any way. Anime would give the perfect, quirky, cocky, yet beautiful fantasy protagonist into the light. That’s a lot of gorgeous red hair and magical, sparkling wind. I also think the storytelling aspect of a story within a story would make for a good anime.
Because let’s be real, there’s so many fun things to animate and exaggerate. The baby, the tooth, the sunglasses, Ken Jeong jumping out of a trunk, a tiger, there’s enough in this movie to make enough episodes for an entire season. Think Space Dandy, Gurren Lagann, style comedy in Vegas.
TV Show: Penny Dreadful
This show is visually gorgeous and incredibly intriguing. With the twists of classic horror monsters and myths with a dash of nudity and sex it’s the perfect show for anime. The art style could be a lot like Blood+, Trinity Blood, or Sirius the Yeager. It’s a show that calls for elegant lines and gorgeous colors but with the gritty, grunge that comes with all horror animes.
I just have to say that I love this show and I always will.
I tried to pick a good mix of genres for you guys, Maybe next time around I’ll try to think of the genres I left out.
On behalf of us at Y0uC4n7Kn0w we tag these talented people:
Have fun everyone!
2 thoughts on “Make it Anime- CHALLENGE POST”
Thanks for doing the tag. That hangover one sounds almost too perfect, like seriously the other picks are good too, expecially penny dreadful, but that hangover one is an anime I’d watch in a heartbeat.